Officials whose main responsibility is compiling national accounts and financial accounts statistics (specifically sectoral accounts and accounts on a from-whom-to-whom basis), who are employed with national statistical agencies and central banks.
Participants should have a degree in economics or statistics, or equivalent experience.
This course, presented by the Statistics Department, covers theoretical and practical issues related to the compilation of accumulation accounts (capital accounts, financial accounts, other changes in volume of assets accounts, and revaluation accounts) and balance sheets according to institutional sectors. The course is based on the conceptual framework of the System of National Accounts, 2008 (2008 SNA). The aim of the course is to provide participants with the necessary skills to compile the sectoral accumulation accounts and the balance sheets. The course consists of lectures covering conceptual and methodological issues as well as workshops sessions on practical compilation issues. The lectures provide a thorough review of the methodological framework, concepts, and definitions relating to sectoral accumulation accounts and balance sheets, examine potential data sources for their compilation, and illustrate possible compilation techniques and procedures. The course also provides a forum for participants to share country practices and experiences relating to the compilation of sectoral accumulation accounts and balance sheets.
Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Apply the principles underlying the compilation of national accounts and financial accounts statistics.
- Describe the link between financial and non-financial statistics, thereby providing the basis for an integrated compilation of non-financial economic activities, financial transactions, and balance sheets.
- Apply the acquired knowledge on concepts and methodology to identify data gaps as well as strengths and weaknesses in existing data.
- Explain to policymakers the importance and relevance of compiling sectoral accumulation accounts and balance sheets for the analysis of macro-prudential developments.
- Initialize data sharing agreements with the entities involved to provide a basis for a coordinated effort towards compiling and disseminating internationally comparable sectoral accounts and balance sheets, building on the 2008 System of National Accounts.
|Application process:||Please apply online|